Southern Union State Community College

News and Events


Did you know you can complete your FAFSA for the 2018/2019 academic year as early as October 1, 2017...
                 ...Yep, that's right!!

Use your 2016 federal tax return information and submit your FAFSA now. If you have questions, contact us at

Apply online at
Check out this list of items you may need to submit your FAFSA:

  • Your Social Security Number (can be found on Social Security card)
  • Your driver’s license (if any)
  • W-2 Forms (2016) and other records of any money earned
  • Your (and/or your parents’) Federal Income Tax Return (2016) — IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, foreign tax return, or tax return from Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated State of Micronesia
  • Any untaxed income records (2016) — e.g., payments to tax deferred pension and savings plans, tax exempt interest and child support received in 2016
  • Records of taxable earnings from Federal Work-Study or other need-based work programs in 2016
  • Records of any grants, scholarships, and fellowship aid that was included in your or your parents’ 2016 adjusted gross income (AGI)
  • Any current bank statements
  • Any current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bonds and other investment records
  • Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen, if applicable 

If you have questions concerning the FAFSA, feel free to contact our office at

To view flyer - Click here