In addition to the general admission requirements for the College, admission to the Therapeutic massage program requires:
Information Session Attendance Verification (must attach ORIGINAL document of verification to
massage program application).
- Unconditional admission to the College on clear academic status.
- 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) at Southern Union.
- Transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended (minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA is required).
- Application for the Therapeutic Massage Program by published deadline.
- Satisfaction of the College reading requirement.
Ability to meet and comply with standards and policies in the current College Catalog and Student
Ability to meet all health/ lab requirements as stated in current Therapeutic Massage Student
Estimated Program Costs
(Estimated and Subject to Change)
Criminal Background Check: $48.50
TB skin test: $20.00
Tuition for 29 credit hours: $3828.00 (in-state) $7105.00 (out-of-state)
Textbooks (new): $660.00
Massage Therapy Kit* :160.00
Drug Screening:* * $33.00
Malpractice Insurance ($10 per semester): $30.00
Scrubs*(cost not included in total): varies
Total (with in-state tuition): $4,721.50
**Other costs may also be incurred including materials, supplies, random drug screening, etc.
*Additional kit information included in Therapeutic Massage Student Handbook.